You can advertise for staff on our vacancies board by contacting us.
Advanced Business and Administration Apprentice at Level 3
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £4.5/hour for 35 hours a week
Job type: full-time, two years duration
Working hours: 9:00 am to 16:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with half an hour unpaid lunch
The Institute of Paralegals (IoP) is looking for an ‘Apprentice Superstar’ to join our team! Our office has a small, upbeat family feel, with friendly faces ready to welcome our new employees into the business. You will gain valuable insight into the day-to-day running of the business and the legal sector.
This is a great role for someone passionate about business administration and customer service. You will need to be confident and professional when dealing with people and able to manage your own time and deadlines with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting directly to the Office Manager the main duties of this role are:
- to import and amend membership records
- to process all new, renewed and existing membership forms and requests, including sending out the appropriate membership packs
- to process all changes of details to members’ memberships (e.g. change of address etc)
- to liaise with the Accounts department and the IT team when necessary
- to send regular renewal emails, telephone and letters to prompt members to renew and to keep statistics of new joiners/renewals
- to assist in fulfilling the other functions of the Membership Team in providing administrative support to those teams and staff running membership support services.
- to attend team meetings
- to ensure that the membership CRM database is maintained and up-to-date
- to answer telephone and email enquiries relating to membership
- to take and record payment
- to raise invoices
- full training will be provided on all in house systems
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required and may involve other such duties as deemed necessary by the Organisation from time to time.
- extremely organised, meticulous attention to detail, highly proficient and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- strong team work and networking skills
- proficiency with PC systems including Microsoft Office package specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Gsuite.
- ability to prioritise and multi task workload.
- flexible, calm and approachable
- ability to work alone using own initiative and as part of a team
- ability to remain confidential at all times.
A minimum of A*-C (9-4) in maths and English GCSE
This is a fantastic way to secure a permanent job, whereby you will be paid to learn. You will spend your time in a real working environment learning real skills, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. At IoP we are committed to developing talent within the business, so why not get on the career ladder now and start making your way to the top! Our policy is to promote from within and is a constantly expanding business. The successful candidate can look forward to a varied role and opportunities to work with senior managers within the company gaining a great understanding of how the business functions and of the legal sector.
About the employer
The Institute of Paralegals is a professional membership body that connects individuals with the shared purpose of providing professional legal services.
We were incorporated in 2003 and in 2005 we were granted institute status by the Secretary of State for the Department of Trade & Industry, after proving that we met the government’s requirement that we were a “professional body of the highest standing”.
The Institute is the standard setting body for Paralegals as recognised by the unregulated legal services sector regulator, the PPR. We are the only Paralegal Body that is recognised by the voluntary regulator as having robust professional standards.
We have developed the competency standards for paralegals and Legal Secretaries which map to the National Occupation Standards for Legal Services.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact The IoP on 01442 508 205 or email [email protected]