Personal information from visitors to the PPR Site is collected via online input areas such as forms for paralegal practising certificates, which includes, but is not limited to, information about you.
The information collected may include your name, postal and email address, telephone numbers (work, home and mobile), and diversity monitoring information.
Additional information may also be collected every time you visit the site.
We may collect statistical data about your browsing actions.
We may also use and disclose other information in aggregate for research which will be destroyed once it has been analysed and used.
Use of personal information
We will only use personal information, which is provided by you or appropriately obtained from third parties (authorised by you to provide such information on your behalf), for the following purposes:
- to maintain an up to date Register of Paralegals
- to enable applications for membership and/or Paralegal Practising Certificates
- for the investigation of complaints
- to access CPD records
- for the administration of education and training
- for the administration of other events
- for public relations and marketing purposes directly relating to theparalegal profession
- for PR and Marketing activities for the purpose of promoting the aims of the PPR
- to administer and update personal data, and
- in any other way we may reasonably need in order to carry out aims for the PPR
Sensitive personal information
In order to discharge our statutory obligations under The Equality Act 2010 we may ask you for sensitive personal information. By submitting such sensitive personal information to us, you consent to us processing such information in the manner and for the purposes described:
- for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring or other legal requirements
- be kept confidential unless consent has been obtained for its release, and
- be destroyed if you are no longer on the Register
Storage and security of personal data
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data supplied to us is stored securely.
The PPR has appointed a Data Protection Officer responsible for the processing of personal data:
Data Protection Officer
Unit 110 Linton House,
164 – 180 Union Street,
London, UK, SE1 0LH
The PPR has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) of its personal data processing. Details are publicly available via the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk). Registration reference: ZA127401
To ensure you get the best from our website, we advise that users keep cookies active on their machine whilst visiting our website.
They allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors moved around the site while they were using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by helping you easily find what content you like the most.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
By default, this library sets cookies on the domain specified in the document.host browser property and sets the cookie path to the root level (/).
They allow us to recognise your basic browsing behaviour on each visit. So for example, you can tell us which club is your home club and we can take you straight to the right page on your next visit. These cookies can make the website quicker for you to use and more relevant.
These send information about your visit to our site back to search engines (such as google.com. bing.com; and yahoo.com) to allow other websites and search engines to tailor and display adverts relevant to you and analyse advertisement performance.
Under the Data Protection Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you and it permits us to charge you a fee of £10 for providing this service. If you wish to make an access request, please send your request to the PPR Data Officer at the address above with the fee.