If you have engaged a PPR Paralegal and you are unhappy with the service you have received, you should follow the process below:


In the first instance you should complain direct to the Paralegal.  If he or she fails to settle your complaint to your satisfaction you should complain to the Paralegals membership body.


The PPR Paralegal must be a member of one of our Recognised Bodies below:

The Institute of Paralegals (IOP) is the only professional Institute in the UK for paralegals.

Passionate about upholding the highest professional standards in knowledge, practice and ethics across the paralegal profession, the IOP is one of the founding members of the Professional Paralegal Register.

How to Complain About An IOP Member

The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators is the world’s leading qualifications and professional body for dispute avoidance and dispute management

CIArb is passionate about promoting a harmonious society and helping people and organisations avoid, manage and resolve conflict through our global network.

How to Complain About A CIARB Member

The Association of Probate Researchers (APR) was formed in June 2016 to bring regulation to the professional probate research industry. 

Those using the services of APR members, whether legal client or beneficiary, are safe in the knowledge that each of our members subscribe to our Professional Standards and Ethics Code and that there is an independent complaints procedure and compensatory scheme provided through our Case Managers’ membership of the Professional Paralegal Register (PPR).

How to Complain About a APR Member


If you have exhausted the Recognised Body’s complaints procedure and you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you may complain to the PPR using the Complaints Procedure below:

Complaints Form CL1
Complaints Form CL2

If the Paralegal is a ‘Registered’ Paralegal you should use Complaints Form CL1.  The PPR can hear complaints about a ‘Registered’ Paralegal regarding conduct only.

If the Paralegal is a ‘Regulated Paralegal’ (i.e. holds a Practising Certificate) then you should use Complaints Form CL2.  The PPR can hear complaints about a ‘Regulated’ Paralegal concerning conduct and the legal services provided.

Click on the pictures below to view the complaint procedure

Registered Paralegals
Registered Paralegals
Regulated Paralegals
Regulated Paralegals